Whether selling 1 cow or your entire herd, clean cows are more attractive to buyers! If you have access to warm water and dish soap you can in a short amount of time add salability to your cows.
- Soak the entire body of the cow with warm water.
- Squirt a liberal amount of dish soap on the top and side of the cow.
- Using a soft bristle brush, scrub the body of the cow, adding more soap as needed.
- Rinse cow with warm water.
- Depending on the animal you may want to repeat the process a second time. Ideally do this a day or two in advance of the auction.